NIX, a global supplier of software engineering and IT outsourcing services, is looking for a Database Administrator in its office in Budapest (Vaci Greens, 13th district). You’ll be part of a team of professionals who are ready to find the best tailor-made IT solutions for their multinational clients in various industries and solve complex problems.
- Install, configure, and upgrade database software and related applications
- Monitor and optimize database performance to ensure efficient and reliable operation
- Manage database security, including user authentication, authorization, and access controls
- Perform database backups, recovery, and data migration tasks
- Collaborate with software developers to design and optimize database queries and performance
- Provide the databases migrations
- Troubleshoot and resolve database-related issues and incidents in a timely manner
- Maintain documentation of database configurations, processes, and procedures
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices, emerging technologies, and trends in database administration.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Proven experience as a Database Administrator, preferably in a production environment
- Strong knowledge of relational database management systems, such as PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle both on-premise and in-cloud
- Experience in database installation, configuration, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with database security concepts and best practices
- Proficiency in database backup and recovery procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve database-related issues independently
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Will be a plus the knowledge of AWS cloud tools, like databases, AWS Lambda, AWS Glue
- Relevant certifications, such as AWS Data Professional, are a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Stable long-term work environment
- Paid English courses and conversation clubs
- Opportunities for professional and personal growth
- Mentoring program, internal and external professional training programs
- Comfortable office in the 13th district of Budapest
- Every necessary tool and device in the office will be provided to comfortably perform all project tasks: computers, meeting rooms, spacious modern kitchens with professional coffee machines, comfortable recreation areas with game consoles, board games, and a selection of literature for every taste
- Support and care from our friendly team.
If you feel you’re ready to join the team, email your resume to [email protected] or fill out a resume form now, and put an online interview on your schedule at your convenience. We’re already looking forward to meeting you!