Junior Data Engineer
NIX, a global supplier of software engineering and IT outsourcing services, is looking for a Junior Data Engineer in its office in Budapest. You’ll be part of a team of professionals who are ready to find the best tailor-made IT solutions for their multinational clients in various industries and solve complex problems.
- Collaborate with the team to implement new features to support the growing data needs;
- Build and maintain pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources;
- Monitor and anticipate trends in data engineering, and propose changes in alignment with organizational goals and needs;
- Share knowledge with other teams on various data engineering or project-related topics;
- Collaborate with the team to decide on which tools and strategies to use within specific data integration scenarios
What we expect from you:
- English level intermediate +;
- 1+ years of proven experience developing software using Python;
- Good knowledge of SQL;
- Being familiar with one or more of the following databases – PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL;
- Being familiar with basic concepts and technologies of ETL/ELT processes;
- Understanding of data warehousing principles and modeling concepts;
- Understanding of Version Control Systems (such as Git);
- A team player with excellent collaboration skills;
Will be a plus:
- Being familiar with Cloud Platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure) basics concepts;
- Being familiar with the basics concepts of distributed computing approaches, patterns, and technologies;
- Basic knowledge of basic concepts of non-relational databases (MongoDB);
- Experience with any orchestration tools (Airflow, Talend, AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory, etc.);
What we offer:
- stable long-term work environment;
- comfortable office in Budapest (Vaci Greens);
- every necessary tool and device in the office will be provided to comfortably perform all project tasks: computers, meeting rooms, spacious modern kitchens with professional coffee machines, comfortable recreation areas with game consoles, board games, and a selection of literature for every taste;
- paid English courses and conversation clubs;
- opportunities for professional and personal growth;
- mentoring program, internal and external professional training programs;
- support and care from our friendly team.
If you feel you’re ready to join this team, email your resume to [email protected] or fill out a resume form now, and put an online interview on your schedule at your convenience. We’re already looking forward to meeting you!
Important! Please send your resume only in English.