- We suggest you start learning Flutter with Dart language
- Then let’s focus on working with asynchronous code by reading the articles “Dart asynchronous programming: Futures” and “Dart asynchronous programming: Isolates and event loops”
- We also advise you to read the articles “Dart Const Tutorial – All You Need to Know” and “Dart: What are mixins?”
We already know the language syntax. Now, we need to create the most amazing programs.
Where to start?
- Let’s start with the instructions. Flutter provides incredibly cool documentation
- Top up your knowledge with information from the article about Flutter widgets
- Check out Codelabs by Google. There are a lot of great manuals there
- Run YouTube. Excited? Here’s a playlist of the most useful videos about widgets to get started
- Let’s deepen our knowledge and see Flutter under the hood with useful life hacks
- A house must start with a foundation and a project with architecture. Therefore, we are
going to get acquainted with BLoC, the most relevant architecture at the moment.
When developing, we often want to use different libraries and frameworks to speed up the process.
We advise you to check out the following:
As well as read about:
- Explore the Object-oriented programming (OOP) and SOLID principles
- Read Aditya Bhargava’s book Grokking Algorithms, because algorithmization and
the ability to solve logical problems is one of the core tasks of a professional
- Read Robert Martin’s book Clean Code. Firstly, we consider ourselves followers of this
legendary author. Secondly, it is really awesome and useful for writing correct and
beautifully designed code.
- Read about GOF patterns. To get started, a series of articles Flutter Design Patterns will be enough
- However, if you want to dive even deeper, we recommend reading the book Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software by J. Vlissides, E. Gamma, R. Helm, R. Johnson.
INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT MORE?
Read the article about comparing Flutter with React Native.